Sunday, January 2, 2011

Which is tbe better MJ Cover?



or




I've had this question on my mind for a while now, but I figure now that it's a new year, I should have it settled. The forces of sweet, electro-heavy indie funk/soul (either stripped down as chill wave, in option one, or stripped down layered machinery, as in option two) both seem to suit the late king well. While these covers apparently came out pre-MJ's death, I fittingly didn't discover them until a few months after he passed. And moreover, in anticipation of both of these band's new albums in the next year these songs have made frequent appearances lately on my itunes.
Either way, as a tribute, consolation or reminder of MJ or as just solid electro-indie songs, they both seem to do the job.

Thoughts?

Oh and again HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR :)
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment