Wednesday, November 17, 2010

le-Hiboo

It has been a while since I posted last. Excuse the hiatus. I'm sure you all missed my posts sooo much. =p Anyway, Ashley has inspired me to begin posting a bit again, so here it goes. Ready....

Over the last couple years, I have seen the birth of several efforts to invite music artists to perform live to record in interesting spaces including bathrooms, taxi cars, staircases, swimming pools, as well as more conventional locations. I love these projects like LiveDaily and Black Cab, just to name a couple. Today I came across another one of these projects done by le-Hiboo, a French group that I haven't actually found much info about. They have a great variety of artists, though many are French, and there are artists of many styles. The camera work is beautiful, and the artists perform in all sorts of different spaces, including the swimming pool I mentioned earlier. I will just leave you with a couple samples that I really love, and shut up now.

Basia Bulmat. She is fantastic.

HibOO d'Live : Basia Bulat "The Shore"

and these guys, Local Natives.

HibOO d'Live : Local Natives "Wide eyes"

No comments:

Post a Comment