Friday, February 12, 2010

Holly Miranda - Joints

Today I offer you a really amazing live performance of Holly Miranda and Marques Toliver. Over the last couple months, after binging on huge basses, synths, and crazy electronic noises, I've grown pretty nostalgic for some more natural sounds. Maybe natural isn't the right word...but just sounds that are all around us, or can be produced without having to plug in. So, when I saw this video, I just about threw my laptop over my head in excitement and made a mess of myself a couple times. This is the middle section of Miranda and Toliver's performance.

There are a lot of things I love about this video. The song itself is really tragic, and rings a very deep cord in my gut. The filming is pretty well done. The sound of strings on wood. The streets of NY. The use of space and utilizing its affects on the substance of the music. It's all very dreamy and wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment